We know that washing our hands is the best way to prevent the spread of germs, but 20 seconds of scrubbing isn’t all it takes. We’re here to make sure you’re using that time wisely.
Too often, we're missing some pretty important spots on our hands when we wash. According to a study from the US Department of Agriculture, consumers fail to properly clean their hands 97% of the time.
So what’s the problem?
Here are some common hand-washing mishaps:
Forgetting the Fingertips: Germs love to hang out on your fingertips and underneath your nails, so make sure you give these areas an extra scrub
Thumbs Up: The biggest digit is also the most forgotten
Hidden Nooks & Crannies: Make sure you soap up those crevices between your fingers
The CDC recommends you complete these 5 steps for a germ-free cleanse:
- Wet your hands with any temperature water & apply soap. With concentrated cleansers in each pod, Gelo provides a clean you can trust
- Scrub your hands with the soap. Don’t forget those problem areas!
- Lather for at least 20 seconds. To pass the time, sing your ABCs or riff on a Queen classic: “We will, we will wash you!”
- Rinse well with clean, running water
- Since it’s easier for wet hands to transfer germs, make sure to fully dry your hands after your wash. Whip out that fluffy towel and dry away
Hand hygiene is one of the most important ways to protect yourself and others from infection. Next time you’re washing, show these spots some extra love.